If you are having the error code "7002.1' in the Rockstar Games Launcher there are many fixes that could potentially resolve this issue. This error occurs when trying to launch a Rockstar game. This usually seems to be the caseGrand Theft Auto VeRed Dead Redemption 2.Other Rockstar games also suffer from this error.
This error can appear in two different words to different people. You can see the first one in the picture above. The second simply says "Error in game launcher. Please try again later. Code: 7002.1🇧🇷 Faulty drivers and an outdated game could be two of the many reasons for this error.
You can try the following methods to fix this problem on your PC. We can start with the basics and then work our way up to the complex.
restart the game
One of the first things you can do is simply restart the game. This could be a temporary error that can be fixed using this method. This is one of the easiest steps. Sometimes it can happen that the game start does not go as planned. This leads to error codes. Restarting the game will restart the game as it should.
You can also restart the Rockstar Games Launcher. This can also help the situation as it is the most important component when launching a game. If the launcher does not start properly, it can also affect the game.
Check your game files
Corrupted game files could also be the reason why we are seeing the error. This can be really frustrating because if your important files get corrupted, you may have to reinstall the game from scratch. This can be fixed by checking our files with the launcher.
When we check our files in the launcher, it will check the game folder for missing, corrupted or deleted items and reinstall the file. This can assure us that our files are not corrupted.
- Abra or Rockstar Games Launcher
- Go to settings and then click on GTA V under your installed games
- After that, click Check Integrity
Now your files will be scanned and repaired if that is causing the error.
Start the Rockstar Games Launcher as an administrator
Since this is the game launcher, it needs to work properly in order to launch the game without errors. This is not possible if Windows prevents access to all necessary files. We can avoid this by giving the initiator admin privileges.
This allows the launcher to access necessary files or make changes to folders related to the game and prevent error codes from being thrown.
To do this, simply right-click the icon and click Run and Administrator
If it works you can make it permanent. Right-clicking the icon every time is not very efficient and can be forgotten very quickly. Follow the steps below to make this option permanent.
- right clickon the icon and clickCharacteristics
- Click from herecompatibilityand then check the box "Run this program as an administrator' and then clickApply
Now you don't have to right click and run as administrator every time.
Most people have antivirus software on their PC. This software can modify some folders that can trigger this error without us knowing. This is one of the main disadvantages of having antivirus software on your PC. Antivirus is a great option for security, but it can also backfire in some cases.
You can temporarily disable antivirus and start the game. This allows the game to make changes to folders to access the internet. If you don't know how to turn off antivirus on your PC, follow steps toDisable your PC's virus protection
If disabling the antivirus works on your PC, you can whitelist the launcher in your antivirus. This tells the software not to block that file from modifying specific folders, so you don't have to disable it every time you decide to play.
You can follow the steps to whitelist the game on your PC.
- In the search bar, type Windows Defender Firewall and click on it
- Now clickAllow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall
- Click from hereChange settingsand then scroll down and find theRockstar Games Launcherand uncheck all the boxes.
- If you can't find the app, clickallow other appsand locate it from there
- click OK. Then try again and check if the error is resolved.
Update audio driver
The error says "No compatible sound card was detected. Check your sound card drivers🇧🇷 We can try to follow the instruction and see where it takes us. Usually what the error says is not true, but we can always try.
If you can hear audio somewhere else, it probably means your sound card drivers aren't the problem. You can still try this step just to be on the safe side.
- Search fordevice managerin the search bar and open it
- FindSound, video and game controllersand expand it by clicking the arrow next to it
- Click on the audio device you are using, right click on it and click Properties
Monitoring:If you don't know what your audio device is, you can go to Settings → System → Sound and check which output device is selected. Then click on it.
- From here, click the Driver tab and then click Update driver
- Then clickFind drivers automatically
This will download the update for your sound card if there is an update.
If updating the drivers didn't fix this issue, we can troubleshoot the entire audio service to find out what's wrong with it. Windows gave us the opportunity to do this. This will tell us the exact problem or missing component.
- Open Settings and go to Update & Security
- Then go to Troubleshooting and click Additional Troubleshooting
- Then click on Audio Playback
This will fix errors in your audio settings and let you know what's wrong with your sound card
Update graphics driver
Outdated graphics drivers can also trigger this error. Since this error mostly appears in games like GTA V and RDR 2, these games are very GPU heavy. If the GPU drivers are out of date, these games will not run as they should.
To prevent this from happening, you need to keep your GPU drivers up to date for the game to run smoothly. Follow these steps to update your graphics drivers.
Nvidia users can follow these steps:
- Open the GeForce experience
- Then click Driver
- Then click Check for updates
- After checking for updates, click Download
This will download the latest driver for your GPU.
- Open AMD Radeon Settings and click Updates
- Click Check for Updates
- Click the arrow and then click Update Now
- Then click Next
- A new window will appear. Then click Update
The installation will now begin and your drivers will be installed on your PC
Contact customer service
If nothing works for you, the last thing you can do is contact Rockstar Game Customer Support. They can help you with the error you are getting by providing a permanent solution. You can tell them what problem you have.
You can contact them viaclick here.
- Fix: Failed to connect to Rockstar Games Library Service
- Rockstar now owns Ruffian Games, the studio behind the famous Halo Master Chief...
- The infamous teenage hacking group could be behind recent Rockstar and Uber games...
- Rockstar Games may be working on GTA Definitive Edition Trilogy Update